Friday, April 11, 2008

Nostalgia decimated


For the first and last time in my life I attended a famous restaurant’s farewell without my knowledge.The restaurant is none other than the famous Woodland’s Drive-in located at the Cathedral Road.After a big dilemma myself,along with my friends Balaji aka Mech Balaji and Vinodh decided to hang out there as the place is famous for its ambience.Even though we started early we reached the place only by 8:00 due to some brilliance by Balaji(don’t want to discuss it here).To our surprise we found a banner showing that “This place belongs to Tamilnadu government”.Policemen were out in large number having some discussions with the manager.We couldn’t resist our hunger and ordered chola pori and masala dosa.When we asked the waiter who served us we came to know that the restaurant has been there for more than 60 years and due to the kannada problem over hogenakkal water issue the restaurant will not be functioning from tomorrow.The restaurant is popular for it's its nice ambience of flora and fauna. Drive-in was one of my favoured hang outs with my parents during my school days and I really felt disappointed that its going to be no more.

1 comment:

Vidhya said...

When I was in college, few years back, we used to visit woodlands and spend some time there with our friends.. It was a wonderful restaurant. And the picture of masala dosa looks yummy.

ss_blog_claim=3a12cce924b421ed8cc083af4f72574e